Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update

We are going to Seattle in a couple weeks for Jessica and Trent's wedding and I am really excited! I have never been to Washington before and I have heard great things about Seattle. It's Kory's birthday weekend so I am taking Friday and Monday off work and we're spending the whole weekend up there. I'll get to see several friends that I haven't seen in a while also, so it promises to be a GREAT weekend.

I can't believe it is already the middle of September! We moved to Oregon 3 months ago...it has gone by so quickly. It is still warm and dry here almost every day. Everyone keeps telling me the rain and cold weather will be here in October and stay until March, so I'm trying to prepare myself.

Life with no TV or internet at my apartment is still going well. I really don't miss either of them too much. Kory has internet access at his apt, and since you can watch TV shows online, I am really not missing out on anything, but I am saving quite a bit of money every month.

Have you seen the news stories about Steven Anderson? He is a Baptist preacher from Arizona that openly announces he prays Obama will die and go to hell. He preached an entire sermon called "I hate Barack Obama." You should google him or check out some videos of him on YouTube. It is AWFUL! I can't even believe he is a preacher. No wonder people hate Christians so much. I don't care how much you disagree with Obama's politics or decisions or whatever...that is NEVER ok, certainly not for someone who proclaims to live for Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mandy! I just realized I never wrote you back on Facebook! I started subbing, and its been busy. Sorry!! Sounds like things in Oregon are going great. I will see you so soon in Seattle! yeah!!! I'm excited...

    ReplyDelete