Monday, November 9, 2009

Loving Christians

Today at work I overheard two gentlemen talking while waiting for the fax machine. I heard the older man say, "The Christians are the ones who pulled me off the street, let me eat their food, gave me their own clothes, paid for me to see a doctor, kept me alive really. I was homeless and dying of pneumonia and if they didn't take care of me, I would be dead right now. You want to talk about real love, these people didn't know me at all and they saved my life. Then they introduced me to Jesus who could really actually save me in the way that matters."

I was tearing up at this point and trying not to let him see me eavesdropping on his conversation and crying at his testimony. This man then went on to talk about his baptism and the church he currently attends and times he has been homeless since then, but how his faith in God has sustained him through it all. It was SO encouraging to me to hear a story of Christians showing Jesus' love and changing someone's life. We don't hear these stories nearly enough so I just wanted to share it with all of you so that you will hopefully be encouraged to show that same love today.

1 comment:

  1. That's definitely encouraging! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete