National Championship tonight! Hook 'em Horns!! It starts at 5 on the West Coast, so I will have to rush out of work and get home so I don't miss too much of it.
It is now illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving in Oregon unless you use a wireless hands-free device. I still haven't got one...I probably need to get on that. I think it's a great law, but it's seriously annoying to me as someone who enjoys talking on the phone in the car. Yes I know it's dangerous and I would NEVER want to put my life or someone else's in danger...so I guess it's good they passed a law to make people like me be more careful.
I am not going to Lubbock for Master Follies this year...and I'm very sad about that. Two years in a row now! :( I can't believe I haven't been back since I have been out of college. Oh well--I suppose this is the price I pay for living in cool, far-away places. I care way less about seeing the shows than I do about seeing people.
We're taking the youth group inner tubing in a couple weeks and I am SO excited about it! I am not sure why, but I am beyond pumped. I know it will be fun, but I might be getting my hopes up a little too much. I do love playing in the snow and we haven't got ANY here, so maybe that is part of it. I never would have thought that Southeast NM and West Texas would get more snow than somewhere this far north. It's probably because we're so close to the coast I guess. I will get to wear some of my new super warm clothes to play in the snow too, so that is exciting.
The holidays continue for Kory and I! We have Christmas, New Years, 2 year anniversary, my birthday and Valentine's Day all within 8 weeks of each other.
Ty got me My Spanish Coach for the DS for Christmas and it's awesome! I feel like I'm learning a lot and it's pretty fun. My favorite is this game where you get to whack gophers on the head if they say the Spanish word you're looking for.
I think we're all aware that most of the time when we tell someone we are praying for them or we will pray for them, we actually don't. Ok, well I'll just speak for myself...I don't actually spend much time in prayer after saying that. I am really trying to work on that. I have good intentions when I say it--it's not that I want to lie and make them think I care when I really don't. I just forget about it and never remember it again to follow through with the prayers. So, two people have asked for my prayers this week, and I have prayed for both of them several times. So far, so good!
I'm also trying to read the Bible through this year and I have read every day so far (you only read 6 days a week). I realize we're barely a week into January, but I'm celebrating the small victories. I rarely make New Years Resolutions, but this year I decided this was a great time to start making some spiritual improvements in my life. If you feel bold enough, I would appreciate you asking me about these resolutions from time to time to keep me accountable. I will do the same for you if you'll tell me what improvements you're trying to make this year!
Nana and Pops Mountain Adventure...
7 years ago

I know exactly what you mean about the prayers. I'm so bad about the follow through. I'm going to follow the lead of some of my prayer sisters and write these requests in a prayer journal so maybe it will help me remember. This isn't something you should have followed in your mother's footsteps in!
ReplyDeleteLas Cruces passed a cell phone law too...starts in February :( I totally understand that...it's gonna be hard to break the phone/driving habit!
ReplyDelete