I have seen several good movies in the past couple weeks: Star Trek, When in Rome, Sherlock Holmes and Dear John. Loved them all! When in Rome was pretty cheesy but I expected no less from a romantic comedy. I heard everyone say that they really liked Star Trek even though they never liked the show, but I, of course, didn't believe it until I saw it myself. I don't think I ever saw a trailer for Sherlock Holmes but I like Robert Downey Jr. and Rachel McAdams so I knew it had to be good. Dear John was pretty much exactly what I expected-- a good cry with the chance to look at Channing Tatum. I love him because he was in She's the Man and that movie is one of my all-time faves.
I'm almost finished reading New Moon and my co-worker let me borrow the book Dear John today, so I've got a lot of reading ahead of me. I've also stayed on track with my Daily Bible reading so I'm really happy about that. I'm excited I've got back in the habit of reading. Hopefully I can visit the library soon and start getting books from there.
This weekend was a pretty productive one for me, which always makes me feel good about starting the work week. I got all my dishes, kitchen and laundry clean as well as buying groceries. I do not enjoy grocery shopping because I am really bad at it! I know it seems like something you can't really be bad at, but I am. I don't know how the store is laid out and I end up walking around in circles for a couple hours. This weekend I didn't even have a list so I just tried to find things as I thought of them. I was there for a couple hours and seriously went down every isle at least twice. It was ridiculous! My lack of cooking/food knowledge doesn't help either because I don't know where to find some foods...like pickles! I looked for them for like 10 minutes and couldn't find anyone to help me. If someone would go buy my groceries for me, I'd eat whatever they bought and just make it work to avoid having to do the shopping myself.
We started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University last week at church. I really like the course so far and am excited to go to our next class tonight! I'm not really reckless with money--I don't have any credit card debt or student loans thankfully, but I'm also not very good with saving, so hopefully I'll get better at that.
Nana and Pops Mountain Adventure...
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment