I am very aware that my blog title is lame. I had wanted to start blogging for a while but couldn't come up with a creative name, so I kept procrastinating. I finally decided I would just start the blog and hopefully I would be inspired one day and can have an awesome blog name. I'm still waiting for that inspiration to hit. Any of you have an idea for me?
One of the things I am REALLY excited for when I return to America is driving my car! I did drive a little bit when I was home for Christmas, but for the most part I have been without a car since August. I think that has made the cold weather much worse for me. Cold weather is much more bearable when you can get into your car and turn on your heater and be warm! That is not really the case when you are walking or relying on public transportation to get everywhere. I am VERY grateful that I have my own car. Each time I have been out of the country and have to rely on public transport, I am reminded again that I am very blessed to own a vehicle. A few other "comforts" from home that I am excited about: clothes dryers, TV, couches/chairs, dish washer, MY bed (or at least one where the springs don't stick out and poke me) and different clothes! I am really tired of the clothes I brought here and have been wearing for the past few months.
Even though I am really excited to be back in America, I still have many exciting adventures in my last few weeks here in London! Rynn's boyfriend, Jeff, will be here tomorrow morning and will be here for his Spring Break hanging out with us...ok, he is coming to see Rynn...but I'll be there too whether he likes it or not! :) Then, our wonderful friends Evan and Jacinda Simmons will be here the next week and we have trips planned to Oxford and Derbyshire and will be going to see Les Mis with them, in addition to seeing LOTS of sights here in London. Also, Rynn and I are going to see Stonehenge and have a quick trip to Rome right before I fly back to Texas. OH YEAH!! I almost forgot! I am SOO stinking pumped because I am going to a Joshua Radin concert this Thursday! I'm going by myself, but that just means I can sing as loud as I want and really enjoy myself. I love his music--can't wait to hear it live in concert!
We definitely live in a very diverse environment. Our neighborhood and even our house includes many different nationalities. The place this is most often expressed is in the kitchen. We have people from the Phillippines, South Africa, America, Pakistan and Holland all in one house. There is almost always some nasty food being cooked. haha Today, we returned from the grocery store to find a pig heart (still sealed in the package, fortunately) sitting on our counter! Every single time I open the mini fridge (which all 8 of us share!!) there is some nasty smell that makes me want to gag. I am VERY excited at the prospect of 1)not living with strangers, 2) not sharing a mini-fridge (which I have done for 8 months now), 3) not sharing a bathroom with complete strangers. I'm not a clean freak by any means, but I don't really like having a public toilet in my own house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment