Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wedding Fun!

I went to Lubbock this past weekend for Jeff and Rynn Day's wedding and oh my word, it was SO fun! It was such a great weekend! I loved getting to hang out with so many friends and see people I hadn't seen in quite a while. Of course, the best part was seeing Rynn and helping with her special day. She looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress, of course. The decorations were amazing and I pretty much loved everything about the wedding. We danced out of the wedding to Play that Funky Music White Boy and it was hilarious! I feel very attached to Rynn and her relationship because we both starting dating within a month of each other and have followed the exact same patterns of being together/apart for over a year and a half. Each time I was apart from Kory, Rynn was with me. I had the privilege of being present when Jeff proposed to Rynn. She has played a huge role in my relationship with Kory and I also feel quite involved when it comes to her and Jeff.

I was doing really well being so far away from friends and family, but it was really hard to leave them all and come back to Oregon. Of course, when I landed in Portland, the incredible scenery reminded me of how much I love it here! I got to live the college life again for a couple days and I think it was just hard to come back to the real world after that. If only I could hang out with my girlfriends all the time and not have to work and be responsible!

On a different note, Kory and I are both working to be more musical! He is learning to play guitar and I am learning to play piano. Actually, I am playing Kory’s keyboard, but I am learning from a beginner’s piano book. I am quite impressed with myself because I had no idea at all how to read music and I can now play 3 songs after a couple nights of practicing. And yes, Jingle Bells is a real song. Kory is picking up guitar really well and he believes it is because of his extensive practice with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. A man from church gave him the guitar and another guy is teaching him to play. I am very pleased that we are doing something fun and productive with our time.

I am working on getting my pictures from the wedding online and as soon as I do that, I'll post some on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment