Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thoughts about Oregon

It is crazy to me that Canada is the closest foreign country and not Mexico. Also, it seems like everyone has been to Alaska. I want to go now!

Everyone says soda or pop here but I am sticking with calling it all coke for now.

There is this awesome bridge you drive across to go into Myrtle Creek and everytime I cross it, I am reminded how much I love living here and I thank God for bringing me to a beautiful place!

Apparently, we live in the most republican county in all of Oregon.

A lot of people told me people in the NW weren't as friendly as in NM/TX and it would be a big adjustment for us. Maybe it's because a lot of the people we are around are Christians or because we're in a small town, but I have definitely not found this to be true. Everyone is so nice and friendly here!

Today was definitely fall weather! I loved it! I went to Starbucks after work and got a Caramel Apple Spice and was just SO happy with life. I really love Fall weather and the changing of the leaves and wearing scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment