Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Get Rid of 50 Things

I took Trey Morgan's "Get Rid of 50 Things" challenge and I am getting rid of 50 things this week! To be honest, this wasn't really too difficult. I did a quick sweep of my apartment and grabbed things I haven't used in the past year and I had probably 35 items right there. Next, I grabbed clothes that were too small, had holes or I just didn't really like. I found lots of little things that I didn't even remember I had, so there were easy to add to the pile. To be honest, I don't feel like this was really much of a sacrifice. I am not sad to get rid of any of these "things" because I didn't use them anyway. Some of these were gifts and I appreciated them at the time, but I don't want to hold onto "stuff" just because someone else gave it to me.

Here are the piles that quickly added up to 50:





Since this was so easy for me, I am planning to do another purge and get rid of 50 more things before Christmas. I'll be combining households with Kory in a few months and this seems like a perfect time to simplify and get rid of some of the stuff that so easily fills up our homes. I don't see a huge difference in my apt, but it feels good to get rid of this stuff. It's even a little addicting so I want to go ahead and start on my next 50 now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh go!! Go now while you are still feeling ruthless! I feel like it evens out the times when we hold onto stuff like we are taking it with us. ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked to be sure none of my gifts were there before I went Christmas shopping for you. Since I didn't recognize anything except for possibly the soccer fan pull, I guess I'll go ahead and get you something for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Mandy! Our family is in the process of doing this very thing in a big way right now! It can be so hard and so liberating all at once. Can't wait to hear how the next 50 things go!

    ReplyDelete