My computer quit working yesterday. It wasn't an all-out crash but I am not skilled enough to resolve the problem. We took it to the computer guy to fix it...and for the second time in just over a year, he called to tell me he had to wipe the entire hard drive clean. I understand this is necessary sometimes and I am sure he knows more about computers than I do...but still, it was like he didn't even attempt to get the information off the hard drive first. I think he only knows how to fix things by deleting it all and starting over.
Of course, the thing I am most upset about is my Europe pictures. All of them! Gone! Yes, I do have most of them on Facebook and some were e-mailed and quite a few are on Rynn's computer, so it isn't all bad. However, I am still frustrated with the computer guy and with myself for not having all my stuff backed up.
You--go back up your computer right now! Get all of that important stuff on an external hard drive or a CD or something! Don't put it off...I did that. For reals, do it right now before something happens. This has happened to me twice in one year and I still haven't learned my lesson. Someone should learn from my mistakes--I pick you!
In my quest to be optimistic about this, I have discovered a few things: 1)They were just pictures. I still have the memories and experiences. I still had the trip of a lifetime and I'll just have to work a little to get the pictures back. 2)I can't remember what else was on my laptop so maybe I won't miss it too badly. 3)I have a brand new computer now...basically. 4)God is reminding me once again not to put my treasure in earthly things. It was just a computer; nothing worth getting TOO upset about.
Did you back up all your necessary information yet? Please do. I mean, it is your loss if you don't, but I really don't wish this upon anyone. It stinks!
Nana and Pops Mountain Adventure...
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment