Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Day

You know those days where you just wake up excited and feeling good? Maybe you haven't ever had one of those. If so, I'm sorry, you have a terrible life. You should do something about that. Today was definitely one of those days for me! :) I am happy, the sun is shining, I'm living in London and God is good!!

I think I've mentioned it about 40 times already, but I'm going to Joshua Radin's concert tonight and I am just flat giddy with anticipation! I LOVE this guy! Now, this is definitely a musical crush. I don't think he's the best looking man to ever live and honestly I'm not even really that attracted to him. I just love his music and think he's incredibly talented. His songs are SO real. I can't tell you how many times I have felt like one of his songs was my current life anthem. In case you're wondering, right now it's "I'd Rather Be With You" ;) So to prepare myself for the awesomeness of tonight, I have been listening to his music non-stop for the past several days. Today I was watching a clip of him on Ellen and I heard her say his name and I was floored. I have been saying his name wrong all along! I felt so foolish. It is pronounced RAY-den. Not rah-den. Wow, it's like I don't even know this man anymore. I am glad I found this out before I was at his concert though. I have a few hours left to mentally prepare myself to see Joshua Radin, not Joshua Radin.

We are now going on 4 straight days of sunshine in London. I probably shouldn't say anything or I'll jinx it, but I am so excited I can't even contain it! I have to tell the world!! Before this week, I can't even remember 2 days of sunshine in a row. It has literally made me such a happier person. Sunshine is good for the soul. I don't know how people live in Seattle or Alaska or these places that get no sun for months at a time.

Oh my goodness gracious!! I just looked out my window (yes, I have the windows open and the curtains pulled back and it feels AWESOME!) and I saw the tree right in front of our house. I have never noticed it before but it looks JUST like a face on one of the branches. I took a picture so you can see it also. Now that I've noticed it, I can't believe we didn't see it before!


Here are all the branches of our funky looking tree.

Doesn't this look just like a human face?? Crazy! Now look on the
left side of the first picture and you can see it really well.

Wow! That just made my day even better!! :) Isn't God funny? I have come to see little events like this in my life as reminders of the God I serve. He is creative, he is clever, he cares about the little things in life and he is RIGHT HERE with me. If we were to really open our eyes and be watching for the little things God is doing all around us, I wonder what we would see? I bet it would be even more awesome than tree bark!

3 comments:

  1. what are you talking about? there's no face in that tree. you're crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see the face and admit that i think its slightly creepy! ;) um, i'm so jealous of your picture of you and joshua; i realized his name wasn't what i thought when i saw him and couldn't get over it. i'm still not over it in fact and still call him rah-den and adam corrects me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the face and have seen it in real life. My guess is that "anonymous" is Brad Eason.

    ReplyDelete