To begin the Easter weekend, I found a book I wrote in the 2nd grade: The Happiest Easter Ever. Wow! I was quite the talented writer and illustrator at age 8. I read the book to Kory over the phone and he was laughing so hard he could barely breathe. It isn't THAT funny. However, if I were to draw those pictures again today, they would probably look almost identical to the 2nd grade drawings. Art is not really my gift.
We went to my grandparents ranch for Easter weekend in Weed, NM. If you haven't been to Weed, you really haven't lived. My grandparents don't have cell phone service or a computer at the ranch, so I always load up on reading material to take with me. I read two books this weekend: Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin (mom from Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC) and Jesus Wants to Save Christians by Rob Bell. They are two VERY different books, but I enjoyed both of them.
Our family had planned a big all-day picnic and fun day in the mountains on Saturday. The weather had other plans. It snowed and the wind blew and it was unbelievably cold. We moved picnic locations 5 or 6 times trying to find a warmer place and ended up just eating quickly so we could get back in the warm cars. I guess July is a better time for a picnic in the mountains.
We had a 'big kids' Easter egg hunt on Sunday and I was really dreading it. There were only 5 of us there (two of my cousins and their spouses) and I just wanted to stop after the little kids egg hunt. Well, I ended up finding all but one of the money eggs and got more cash than anyone else. I won't complain about the big kid hunt anymore.
I pulled a W. on Sunday when I was talking to Kory about the "crucification" of Jesus--I knew it didn't sound right but couldn't think how to fix it. Yes, I quickly realized the correct word is "crucifixion." My bad.
I didn't take any pictures last weekend, so here is the only recent picture I have that isn't from Europe.
I didn't take any pictures last weekend, so here is the only recent picture I have that isn't from Europe.
Hanging out with Kory in Lubbock last week :)

Who needs a job? Just collect money eggs all year!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a fabulous Easter weekend, I just love Weed. Crucification...hahahahaha. I saw Kory on Sunday but I did not speak to him because I am rude. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU and perhaps that Kate Gosselin book as well?!
ReplyDelete